Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
Intellia is developing therapeutic products to help people with genetic diseases. We apply CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing and gene therapy technologies to edit and restore genes to their normal, healthy sequence. We are a dedicated team driven to change patients’ lives. As we build our team, we’re excited to work with people who share our energy and commitment to making a difference.
Highly skilled and motivated Associate Director to advance our RNA gene therapy platforms and participate in developing innovative therapies for patients.
- Lead the team and guide the company’s RNA strategy
- Stay up to date on pertinent literature and prepare technical reports and white papers for internal use
- Assist in I.P. filings
- Manage CROs and collaborate with academic partners for external preclinical studies
- Present scientific findings internally and externally at critical scientific conferences and industry events
- Contribute creatively and strategically to assay design, development, and process optimization
- Collaborate closely with other computational and wet-lab scientists
- Deliver reproducible and impactful results under ambitious timelines, present results in cross-functional meetings to a broad audience, both internally and externally
- Proactively evaluate new technologies, be versed with current literature, and implement new features and functionality into the mRNA platform
- Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, develop and adopt new protocols into practice, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to improve process
- Develop methods and responsible for mRNA scale up for primate studies
- Work cross-functionally to advance RNA Science with external partners
- Design and lead the bio-chemical assays to understand the interaction of sgRNA with protein and understand the impact of modifications on sgRNA potency
- Work closely with sgRNA synthesis/discovery team
- Identify and lead external research relationships with academic and commercial partners
- Independently design and analyze preclinical studies
- Work closely with computational biology and LNP teams to deliver on technical milestones
- Work with senior management to expand the company’s R&D team
- Design and construct DNA Template for in vitro transcription
- Experience with nucleic acid purification and chemistry, enzyme kinetics, and analytical characterization of biomolecules
- Optimize the mRNA production processes
- Collaborate with internal groups in pharmacology and biology to support in PD/PK/Tox studies
- Successful track record of people management
- PhD degree with more than 8-10 years’ experience
- Previous experience with RNA is a must
- Prior experience with tech transfer Oligos, Biologics process highly desirable
- Knowledge of key analytical testing of oligos is desirable
- Proven Leadership
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.