Intellia is seeking a skilled and motivated Associate Scientist to support AAV process development in the Technical Operations group. The ideal applicant will be experienced and capable in HEK suspension culture and transfection optimization for AAV production and AAV characterization assays. Experience with bioreactor suspension culture and scalable downstream processes under GMP is a plus. Team work, versatility, and strong problem solving/analytical skills are required.
- AAV upstream process development and transfection optimization.
- Develop and perform pre-clinical scale up production processes based on QbD.
- Perform analytical methods for the evaluation of critical AAV product attributes.
- Collaborative integration within Tech Ops and with R&D and Automation groups.
- Develop SOPs and assist in technology transfers to CROs and strategic partners.
- Provide high quality data and ELN documentation to drive decision making in the CMC team.
- Communicate development results and production schedules with internal teams.
- Operate and maintain multiple laboratory instruments.
- Cell culture maintenance and analysis.
- Bachelors degree in Molecular Biology, Virology, or Biochemical Engineering with 5+ years of hands on industrial experience, or Masters degree with 2+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with HEK suspension AAV production and characterization.
- Proficiency with relevant cell culture, purification and analytical techniques.
- Experience in bioreactor cell culture and purification process development scale up for GMP production.
- Experience with assay development is a plus (e.g. CE-SDS, ddPCR, ELISA).
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks innovative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.