Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
Intellia is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Associate Scientist to join our Nucleic Acid Process Sciences team. This is a position with a primary focus on building and executing upon processes to synthesize mRNA for our lead Crispr/Cas9 gene editing programs. The ideal applicant will be able to draw upon process and analytical experience to develop novel mRNA processes, as well as novel analytical characterization methods as necessary. Experience with oligonucleotide enzymatic and/or chemical synthesis, basic nucleic acid biochemistry and molecular biology is preferred. Prior experience with process sciences is essential.
- Develop scalable enzymatic synthesis and purification methods highlighted by characterizable analytical attributes
- Review and as necessary help draft batch records, and assist in technology transfers to CDMOs
- Build analytical characterization tools for process analytics
- As needed, execute on analytical testing of pre-clinical materials
- Provide high quality data to drive decision making in the team
- Conduct, troubleshoot, and modify experiments to reach desired goals
- Work independently in collaboration with colleagues in support of project goals
- Provide high quality data and ELN documentation to drive decision making across different internal teams
- Operate and maintain multiple laboratory instruments
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Able to develop and execute processes for large-scale synthesis of biomolecules
- Experience with biological reactor and purification systems such as TFF
- Familiarity with purification of DNA and RNA, and ideally proteins is a plus
- Experience with analytical biochemistry such as U/HPLC-based methods is preferred
- Ability to multitask and handle a diverse array of challenges within a dynamic team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related field with at least 5-8 years or Master's Degree with 2-5 years of industry experience
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.