Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
As an Automation Engineer, for a genome editing company, a major focus is on NGS library prep methods to identify gene editing events in support of the company’s pipeline by utilizing our collection of liquid handling and automated high-throughput plate processing platforms. Your primary responsibility will be to collaborate with a team of engineers and scientists to automate assays and assist with improving overall lab productivity by:
- Collaborating to implement liquid handling automation for assays across R&D
- Integrating workflows with our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Working with scientists to coordinate experimental design, validation and execution
- Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting experiments, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues, to reach desired goals
- Bringing measurable metrics to existing workflows to track performance
- Continually seeking out new technologies to increase throughput and aid in workflow optimization
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and user errors independently
- Collaborating with our software team to improve traceability and ease-of-use
- Discussing bottlenecks with the research team, identifying and implementing solutions
Are you a natural problem solver? Do you have strong independent troubleshooting skills but have always wondered what it would be like to collaborate with a team? Are you a fast learner who enjoys implementing lab solutions using automation? We are looking for a candidate with a B.S/M.S. in Molecular Biology or Engineering disciplines with lab instrumentation experience. The ideal candidate will have experience with scripting liquid handling methods on Hamilton Venus software or similar software, a basic understanding of liquid class parameter optimization, and a proven track record of solving complex problems in a lab setting.
Bonus if you have three or more of the following kinds of experience:
- Hamilton liquid handling platforms
- HighRes Biosolutions Cellario
- GitHub (or similar) version control
- High throughput NGS library preparation workflows
- Cell based assays automation
- System integration/scheduling software
Meet your Future Team:
You will be joining our Screening and NGS Platform Development (SNPD) group. You’ll directly report to the Automation Group Lead whose team possesses a wide-ranging set of skills learned over years of varied Biotech industry experience. Given the breadth of applications we support, the candidate will have the opportunity to explore a wide range of areas not just within SNPD, but also collaborating with the Chemistry, Process Development and Delivery Sciences teams in support of Intellia’s gene editing pipeline.
The team is currently working onsite therefore, candidates who apply should to be currently local to Cambridge MA or open to relocating. While much of the day-to-day operations require wet-lab work, our team is focused on building not just technical expertise but fostering an environment for growth of people whose skills span across engineering and science. If you join our team, you can expect to join a hardworking and collaborative environment. We look forward to fostering your skills, learning from your experiences, and building a larger team that will make a difference in patient’s lives.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.