Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
We are looking to hire a Director, Clinical Contracts to be an integral part of our legal team. This is an excellent opportunity to take a critical role at a growing clinical-stage biotechnology company. You will be responsible for facilitating the efficient preparation, negotiation and execution of a variety of global clinical contracts with a high degree of autonomy. Additional role responsibilities include:
- Serve as a trusted member of the Legal Department and partner to internal Clinical team leads with a commitment to client service, professionalism, organization, and attention to detail.
- Assist in developing contract templates and playbooks, mastering and improving the company’s contracting technologies and processes, training clients on Intellia's contracting practices, and providing guidance on clinical trial site budgets and informed consent documents.
- Work closely with other members of the Legal Department, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and interact regularly with contract research organizations and clinical trial sites.
The Director, Clinical Contracts will have demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating clinical contracts, including clinical trial agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, and various vendor contracts. The successful candidate will have a firm understanding of contracting principles and an ability to identify legal and other issues requiring cross-functional input. Additionally, the successful candidate must be able to interact professionally with all levels and functions within the company, as well as external partners, and service providers. Additional role requirements include:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting clinical contracting, preferably with a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, and/or a reputable law firm, and an in-depth knowledge of general contracting principles
- Knowledge of and proven ability to manage contract lifecycle management technologies, e.g., CLM databases, workflow management systems, and electronic signature systems
- An understanding of clinical development, and the ability to establish credibility with Clinical teams through an understanding of business objectives, clear communication, and a commitment to meeting program timelines
- The ability to handle multiple contract matters at the same time, including planning, organizing, and executing multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment
- JD strongly preferred
Meet your future team:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing legal team in a highly collaborative organization. This position reports to the Vice President, Associate General Counsel. The legal team at Intellia is an energetic and fun group of legal professionals. We partner with teammates throughout the organization to negotiate, execute and manage contracts in a way that moves the business forward while protecting Intellia’s interests. We are highly motivated in our work knowing that our efforts make a difference for patients that hope to benefit from treatments Intellia is developing.
Our team values Collaboration, Excellence, Integrity, and Trust. Our team is based in Cambridge, MA, but this role offers flexibility regarding onsite/offsite work. If you decide to join us, you can expect to become a highly valued member of a hardworking and collaborative team. We look forward to fostering your skills, learning from your experiences, and building a team to impact patients’ lives.
#LI - PD1
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: Effective Monday, January 3, 2022, all Intellia employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.