Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
The Internal Manufacturing team is a small team of 5 that is responsible for cGMP upstream and downstream manufacturing of mRNA and LNP to support early phase clinical trials. We also perform continuous process improvement including developing and execute process optimization studies. You will report to the Senior Manager, Internal Manufacturing.
The team is currently working virtually when not performing cGMP manufacturing at the cleanroom facility in Waltham, MA. We hope to return to the Cambridge, MA office where we are based in Summer of 2021. A reliable method of transportation will be required to travel between the two locations.
- Perform cGMP manufacturing of mRNA drug substance and lipid nanoparticle (LNP) drug product in an ISO 7 cleanroom using good aseptic techniques.
- Author and revise GMP documentation including SOPs.
- Coordinate with supply chain, quality, and partner CMO’s to ensure product delivery timelines are met.
- Coordinate production of non-GMP mRNA to support and supply preclinical program teams and drug product PD.
- Support drug substance and drug product PD in development of next generation manufacturing solutions and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field; Associate Degree in related field plus 3+ years of relevant experience.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in the Pharma/Biotech industry in a cGMP manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.