Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
Title: Principal Scientist, Cell Therapy Process Development
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
We are excited to welcome this new member to our growing Technical Operations team and company. This role is both hands-on and strategic. We are looking for a candidate that has direct experience with process development for T cell manufacture. If you thrive in a highly collaborative environment with good communication and troubleshooting skills, this role may be for you!
As (Sr.) Principal Scientist in Cell Therapy Process Development, you will work on various projects including:
- Leading development and optimization activities to establish platform T cell therapies, considering Quality by Design and closed systems.
- Evaluating and identifying key performance parameters for T cell processes using CRISPR gene editing tools and both non-viral and viral template delivery within a cross-functional team.
- Aiding in technology transfer of T cell process to CDMO, including review of protocols, MBRs, and reports, aligning with quality assurance expectations.
- Coordinating characterization of T cells during process development activities in partnership with analytical development
- Participating in strategic program discussions and providing high quality data driven decision making within the CMC team
- Overseeing and training junior process development team members, including experimental design oversight.
We are looking for a candidate that has a PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Biological Engineering, or Immunology with 5+ years hands-on experience, or master’s degree with 11+ years. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in aseptic cell culture, closed systems process, and cryo-banking.
Meet your future team:
The Cell Therapy Process development team is a motivated team driven to deliver robust manufacturing processes for patient treatment. You will report to the Associate Director, Cell Therapy Process Development. This team is responsible for developing, scaling, and tech transferring each process unit of T cell production, including cell selection, media optimization, gene editing, expansion, harvest, and cryopreservation.
We are looking to expand our team of 7 dedicated individuals that work closely to meet program milestones. Through a combination of lab-based and remote activities, the team balances hands on experiments at our Cambridge, MA based facility with virtual cross-functional interactions. You can expect to join a hardworking group, a collaborative environment, and a community that values virtual happy hours and game nights.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.