Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
Your Career and where you want to go is important to Us. As a Principal Scientist for our Immuno-Oncology group, you will provide your expertise with the immuno-suppressive tumor microenvironment and exploratory biomarker discovery to position our industry leading cell therapy products with the right patient...with a gene editing angle. Other various key projects including:
- Lead and train a small group of scientists to find ways to circumvent immuno-suppressive mechanisms in heme and solid tumor malignancies using CRISPR
- Provide technical and scientific leadership in the development of biomarker strategies for our cell therapy products to improve the probability of success of our clinical trials
- Collaborate cross-functionally with immunologists, genome engineers, and bioinformaticians to test our biomarker hypotheses in preclinical models and patient samples
- Leverage the academic community and external CRO landscape to learn and do more translational immunology with your valuable time
- Provide key input to develop new technologies and gene editing approaches that aid in creating ‘bleeding edge’ live cell products
What you will bring to the table:
We are looking for a candidate with a Ph.D. in Immunology or related discipline, with relevant IO exploratory biomarker experience on patient samples. If you are passionate and communicative, with exceptional time management skills, we encourage you to apply. Other desired skills include:
- Translational experience and perspectives from immuno-oncology trials is desired; experience with IO cell therapies is highly desired
- Key insights into relevant immuno-suppressive biologies and mechanisms which tumors utilize for immune evasion
- Strong experience with in vitro and ex vivo assays to determine immune cell activity, fitness, and immuno-phenotypes from patient samples and pre-clinical models (ex. multicolor flow cytometry, cytotox, cytokine profiling, etc.)
- Bring an open mind to what is possible and march together with amazing colleagues to realize that possibility
Meet your future team:
The Immuno-Oncology group are a collaborative, energetic, and passionate group of individuals, that use genome editing to make the next generation of cell therapy IO products for Intellia Therapeutics. This hiring manager oversees Intellia’s key activities across immuno-oncology and translational research. Given the breadth of work on this team, the candidate will have the opportunity to explore a wide range of areas across all ex vivo platforms and programs.
The team is currently working mostly onsite to work towards our group’s goals in the lab and vivarium. Therefore, we require a candidate to be currently local to Cambridge MA, or open to relocating. While much of the day-to-day operations may be office based, maintaining a strong relationship with your reports and teammates is critical for conveying your scientific expertise but fostering an environment for growth of young scientists interested in a career in RNA-biotech. If you join our team, you can expect to join a hardworking and collaborative environment. We look forward to fostering your skills, learning from your experiences, and building a larger team that will make a difference in patient’s lives.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.