Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
- Hands-on position in an oligonucleotide chemistry lab inclusive of operating, maintaining & calibrating synthesis platforms and other scientific equipment.
- Synthetic oligonucleotide method and process development participation.
- Perform semi-preparative and analytical HPLC and LC-MS quality control processes.
- Solid decision-making on product path with the ability to work independently and collaboratively while problem-solving.
- Demonstrate basic lab competency in preparing reagents and buffers & handling chemicals.
- Follow and write standard operating procedures and process improvement documents.
- Documentation of results and data analysis.
- Ensure safety and product quality are paramount throughout the laboratory environment.
- Capable of repetitive tasks and performing other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or B.A. equivalent in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field with 1-4yrs laboratory experience or M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field and 0-2yrs laboratory experience.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Oligonucleotide synthesizer especially MerMade 192x instrument maintenance and calibration.
- Oligonucleotide compound experience at low and high mg deliverable synthetic scales from a variety of modified oligonucleotide chemical classes.
- Preparing organic and aqueous reagents and solutions under sterile conditions while minimizing RNase contamination.
- Reagent preparations for synthetic chemistry instrumentation that utilize strongly flammable and corrosive solvents.
- Phosphoramidite reagent handling while maintaining anhydrous conditions across the synthetic scales.
- Base preparation from solids
- Solubility and immiscibility determination of reagents.
- More experienced candidates with oligonucleotide chemistry experience will be strongly considered.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.