Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
Scientist, Gene Editing Platform, Histology
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
We are looking for a Scientist in our growing team. If you are an independent problem-solver with a strong technical background in histology, and enjoy working in cross-functional teams, this is the role for you! As a Scientist, you will help support company’s various preclinical studies. In this role, you will:
- Guide scientists to collect tissues for histological analysis
- Conduct tissue processing, paraffin embedding, paraffin- and cryo-sectioning
- Develop and perform immunohistochemistry assay
- Develop and Perform RNAscope/Basescope in situ hybridization assay
- Develop and Perform various histological assay
- Digitize slides
- Conduct image analysis using software such as HALO, QuPath and imageJ
- Accurately document project and sample information, protocols, and experimental details through Electronic Lab Notebook to drive decision making across different teams
- Ph.D. in biology with 2+ years of academic or industry experience or B.S. in biology with 10+ years of histology experience
- Solid hands-on experience in the histology lab including tissue processing, paraffin embedding, sectioning, IHC, ISH, and whole slide scanning
- Experience with various tissue (liver, brain, bone, etc) is required
- Experience with Leica Bond Rx and spatial transcriptomics platforms is a plus
- Experience with HALO or QuPath is a plus
- Strong time management and process-oriented thinking
Meet your future team:
The Gene Editing Platform are a group of bright, fun, and team-first individuals. Eager to move cool projects forward, we are motivated at the opportunity to make an impact for patients. The breadth of exposure to cutting edge gene therapy development will provide you with exposure to the full spectrum of gene and cell-based therapies, starting from CRISPR guides to patients who we try our best to support. You will report to a Senior Principal Scientist who leading multiplatform imaging experiments from histology to molecular staining.
The team is currently working mostly onsite in a wet-lab environment. Therefore, we hope you are currently local to Cambridge MA, or open to relocating. While much of the day-to-day operations require wet-lab work, our team is focused on building not just technical expertise but fostering an environment for growth of scientists interested in a career in therapeutic biotechnology. If you join our team, you can expect to join fast, fun, exciting and collaborative environment. We look forward to fostering your skills, learning from your experiences, and building a larger team together.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: All Intellia employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.