Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
We would be thrilled to welcome a new Scientist – Oligonucleotide and Small Molecule Process Sciences to our growing team and company. These are very exciting times of growth for Intellia and if you are highly motivated, proactive and detail-oriented with an operational vision and enjoy working in cross-functional teams, this might be the right position for you.
This is a hands-on role in Oligonucleotide (sgRNA) process development for CRISPR/Cas 9 with the opportunity to support Intellia’s development pipeline for generating curative genome editing therapies. If you are a problem-solver with curiosity to learn about synthetic oligonucleotides and genome editing or you already have a technical background in oligonucleotide synthesis and purification, this is the role for you. Working in a new and engaged team within Technical Operations you would be supporting various activities including:
- Help to set up of a new oligonucleotide process development laboratory.
- Perform solid phase oligonucleotide syntheses to produce oligonucleotides at bench scale including downstream operations. Analyze effectiveness of the synthesis (monitoring, in-process tests) and identify opportunities for process improvements to discuss with the team.
- Propose, plan and execute process development activities together with other team members. Creating report presentations and transfer documentation for external development
- Adopt conditions from external manufacturers and internal research for feasibility assessments. Work cross-functionally with representatives of chemistry and analytical groups
- Test and optimize downstream oligonucleotide processing including chromatographic purification methods
- Act as technical resource and author/review technical documentation such as SOPs, method documents, training documents, batch records and reports.
This is a unique role that will provide you with opportunities to impact Intellia’s ex vivo and in vivo programs by:
- Evaluating, establishing and developing syntheses and purification of sgRNA oligonucleotide sequences (CRISPR/Cas9).
- Collaborate with Intellia’s cross-functional development team and optimize the manufacturing processes for the company’s development pipeline, which may include technical transfer to CMOs and interacting with external development teams.
- You hold a BS,MS or PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related field with experience (8-10 yrs for BS, 6-7 yrs for Ms and 0-3 yrs for PhD) in an industrial setting including hands-on laboratory experience in relevant fields.
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry of small molecules
- Have previous knowledge or willing to learn Oligo nucleotide process development
- Ideally you have firsthand experience with solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis, chromatographic purification as well as general analytical techniques used for the analysis of DNA/RNA oligonucleotides
Meet your future team:
The Small Molecule Process Sciences Team (oligonucleotides, lipids and other small molecule entities) is a highly motivated and active group, with an innate curiosity to learn. You will be reporting to principal scientist, technical operations of Nucleic Acid Therapeutics Development and Manufacturing (NTDM). The team focuses on various activities with Technical Operations (CMC), including sgRNA and lipid manufacturing support, internal process development and tech transfer. The team interfaces cross-functionally via project teams and working groups and is embedded within the larger NTDM group (mRNA, LNP, sgRNA and SM).
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: All Intellia employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.