Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
Intellia is seeking a motivated Senior Associate Scientist to join our quickly growing Analytical Development team. The primary responsibilities for this position focus on the development of analytical methods to support ex vivo and in vivo gene therapy programs. It will require oversight of the transfer and qualification of assays to external testing sites, as well as the development of internal analytical capabilities to support in-house process development. The successful candidate will design, perform, and analyze experiments for multiple preclinical and clinical programs, and will work to support process development, and support transfer and qualification activities at internal labs.
- Develop and qualify cell-based assays for cell and gene therapy products and vector using techniques like qPCR, ddPCR. MSD, ELISA
- Develop and qualify quantitative assays measuring process residual impurities
- Collaborate with Process Development group to generate and analyze process development data to develop an understanding of cellular product critical quality attributes to guide testing and process control strategies
- Analyze and present experimental data in team meetings, cross-functional meetings, and conferences. Participate in method transfer activities to vendors
- Author technical reports and protocols
- Participate in day-to-day lab operations, and routine maintenance of lab equipment
- BS/ MS in biological sciences with 8+/ 5+ years respectively of relevant work experience in industry
- Experience in developing ddPCR, ELISA, MSD, or qPCR is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment is a must
- Experience in working with cell and gene therapy products and viral vectors preferred
- Understanding of assay development and qualification per FDA or ICH guidelines
- Experience in tech transfer of methods to GMP labs
- Understanding or knowledge of statistical tools such as ddPCR QuantaSoft, SoftmaxPro, JMP, PLA, etc.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.