- Assist setup of new oligonucleotide process development laboratory and supply chain. Work cross-functionally with SMEs in the company and establish process workflows and documentation.
- Help design and execute/monitor solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis to produce oligonucleotides at bench scale. Analyze effectiveness of the synthesis (monitoring, in-process tests) and identify opportunities for improvements with the team.
- Adopt conditions from external manufacturers and internal research for feasibility assessments. Work cross functionally with representatives of chemistry and analytical groups
- Perform hypothesis-driven and screening experiments to identify critical process parameters and conditions to improve the quality of the final product and/or the efficiency of workflows, while considering the constraints of downstream GMP manufacturing.
- Develop and test the applicability of PD modules for process evaluation of new sequences and establish/standardize workflow.
- Ensure process readiness for transfer, generate transfer data packages and documentation and support transfer activities
- Test and optimize scalable oligonucleotide purification methods under tight timelines
- Act as technical resource and author/review technical documentation such as SOPs, method documents, training documents, batch records and reports.
- Generate presentation materials and present data and findings to the group and cross functional teams
- Maintain current knowledge of the field and areas of scientific expertise
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related field with 5 or more years of experience in an industrial setting
- Hands-on experience with solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis and competency in operation of lab-scale oligonucleotide synthesizers
- Experience with chromatographic purification of oligonucleotides (MPLC and HPL, e.g. IEx, IP-RP) as well as general analytical techniques used for the analysis of DNA/RNA oligonucleotides (UV/fluorescence spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, sequencing applications)
- Knowledge of the principles of quality and GMP practices for manufacturing and testing is a plus
- High competence in common software and data analysis packages (e.g., Unicorn, Empower, SoftMax Pro, GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Office tools)
- Demonstrates creativity, problem-solving ability, and an operational vision for development workflows
- Highly organized individual, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks to improve the status quo.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.