- Provide high quality, timely and practical legal advice and support, identify and resolve critical legal and business issues arising from regulatory, pre-clinical, clinical, technical operations, and research and development activities. (Commercial support experience preferred but not necessary.)
- Analyze company activities for compliance with evolving legal and regulatory landscape. Conduct legal research, as needed
- Advise on the interpretation of legal documents and applicable laws and regulations in a manner that provides practical legal advice while properly managing risk to the organization.
- Act as the legal representative on cross-functional teams, such as program teams or Intellia’s medical and legal review team.
- With our contracts team, draft and negotiate contracts, including master services agreements, clinical trial agreements, supply agreements, and material transfer agreements.
- Review presentations, press releases, website materials, brochures, and other company communications (internal and external).
- Support third party relationship management.
- Counsel, advise and train internal client team to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and company policies and procedures; and
- Help with general corporate matters.
- Licensed attorney with 3-6 years of experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry (public company experience strongly preferred).
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical thinking.
- Self-motivated, flexible and interested in working on a wide range of legal matters in order to understand and advise the Company on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Strong base of knowledge and experience advising clients on laws and regulations governing the biotechnology industry both in and outside the U.S., including FDA regulations, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, OIG guidance, the PhRMA Code, HIPAA, and product liability laws, and similar laws outside the U.S.
- Experience working with all levels of management and key business stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and effectively communicate legal risks to senior management and others.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work with a team to meet critical deadlines; flexible and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to details
- Attracting and developing talent/building a successful team
- Exceptional time management
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.