Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
We are excited to continue to grow our External Manufacturing & Supply Chain Team by welcoming this new member to our function and to Intellia. This is a critical role that interfaces with assigned key Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) by leading both internal and externally-facing cross-functional teams. If you have strong interpersonal skills and are able to influence without authority and gain trust and credibility quickly, this is the role for you! As the Senior Manager, External Manufacturing, you will:
- Manage relationships with key CMOs by building and leading cross-functional teams to ensure delivery of program milestones
- Serve as the primary contact and relationship manager to assigned CMOs; responsibilities include managing contract setup and negotiation, budget establishment and adherence, production planning, operational execution and on time and in full delivery of program deliverables
- Lead cross-functional External Manufacturing Teams with membership from Process Development, Analytical Development, Quality, Regulatory, CMC Project Management, Supply Chain, Procurement and Finance; manage Team priorities at the CMO based on Intellia’s needs across programs
- Monitor CMO performance using a set of standard KPIs and report progress to management by leading Quarterly Business Reviews with the External Manufacturing Team
- Identify and escalate business critical risks impacting supply and/or timelines with related mitigations and/or possible solutions
Our ideal candidate will bring prior work experience in the Life Sciences, Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or related areas within Biotech/Pharma. A strong understanding of product development and GMP Manufacturing is required. Additional role requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Strong interpersonal skills, combined with project and team leadership skills
- Ability to act in a complex and rapidly changing business environment
Meet Your Future Team:
The External Manufacturing & Supply Chain Team is a driven and enthusiastic group of six, with an amazing ability to form valuable and trusting relationships with our CMOs and strategic suppliers. The External Manufacturing Team works closely with Process Development, Analytical Development, Quality, Regulatory, CMC Project Management, Finance, Procurement, Legal and Program Management to deliver against functional and program goals. You will report to the Director, External Manufacturing.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: Effective Monday, January 3, 2022, all Intellia employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.