Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
Senior Manager, Shipping and Receiving Operations Logistics
About Intellia Therapeutics:
The SM/AD of Shipping and Receiving Operations Logistics leads all shipping and receiving and on-site logistics practices while partnering with Tech Ops on external logistics. This includes all local, domestic and international shipments as well as campus shipments between buildings. The Head of Shipping & Receiving Operations & Logistics is responsible for oversight and implementation of all shipping processes and procedures in a fast-paced environment. This position will manage and co-manage contracted staff - employees to assist in managing and executing the responsibilities associated with the shipping and receiving logistics function.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to shipping and receiving operations logistics functions including any and all physical work associated with the function, Oracle Fusion responsibilities associated with two or three party matching and entering, triaging all requisition and packing slip discrepancies, partnering and working cross functionally with Procurement, AP, EH&S, Lab Management and Facilities Management while professionally providing customer service for all employees and contracted employees. This role will also partner directly with Lab Operations on lab consumable management and support the function requirements accordingly.
Specifically, the Senior Manager of Shipping and Receiving Logistics is accountable for
- Leads the S&R Site Logistics Function and is responsible for shipping & receiving logistics performance across all Intellia sites.
- Coaching and mentoring extended staff and manage individual contributors.
- Implementing new shipping & receiving protocols & procedures.
- Ensuring all shipping & receiving procedures are written, reviewed, and updated as required.
- Develop and implement initiatives aimed at improving shipping and receiving performance and ensuring compliance with all applicable, Local, State and Federal regulations.
- Manage all the Shipping and Receiving mailbox inquiries
- Strengthen business relationships with current transport couriers
- Manage all shipment tracking and chain of custody requirements
- Partner with the Lab Management and EH&S Function on ensuring proper inventory management of consumables, flammables and required supplies for both functions.
- Manage SDS requirements for all shipments partnering with EH&S where necessary
- Manage all Customs requirements for outgoing and in-coming shipments
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree or 10-15 years of directly relevant experience
- Required Training, IATA, DOT, RCRA
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Must have extensive knowledge of OSHA, EPA regulations
- Must have strong analytical and data - driven skill set
- Must possess strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently as a problem solver and solution generator.
- Able to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated effective cross-cultural and cross functional skills
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to build, lead and motivate a team
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and lead innovation and change
- Strong track record of mentoring and developing leaders.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.