Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How you will Achieve More with Intellia:
As Senior Medical Director, you will design, execute, and interpret clinical research for Intellia’s innovative medicines. You will provide medical input to global clinical programs as a member of the core team, serve as the medical expert for the study team and medical monitor for phase 1-4 clinical trials, as applicable. You will lead medical plans and decisions for assigned Intellia clinical development programs. Additional role responsibilities include:
- Partner with members of the cross-functional team to develop clinical development plans that define the path for each program to approval and registration in applicable populations and indications.
- Co-lead the clinical sub-team with Clinical Operations to execute these plans.
- As the program physician, develop and maintain relationships with academic investigators, pharmaceutical partners, KOL’s, and patient advocacy groups.
- Provide medical information on existing and emerging data. In response to questions from internal and external stakeholders, and you will partner with pharmacovigilance to best understand the safety profile of compounds.
- Contribute to activities in support of the company’s regulatory submissions, including authoring clinical sections for INDs, NDAs, and other related documents.
- Author manuscripts and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues and thought leaders to meet publication plan objectives.
You will become (or already are) an expert in genome editing and you will maintain a high level of clinical and scientific expertise in disease area(s) by reviewing the literature, attending medical/scientific meetings, and through personal interchanges with consultants, thought leaders, investigators and internal stakeholders. You will advise the pre-clinical project teams as development candidates are brought forward to interpret pre-clinical data, identify biomarkers, define a target product profile, and plan for early phase trials. You will also participate in or lead clinical discussions and due diligence with potential business development partners in academia and industry.
All of our employees maintain ethical standards of the highest level, with an absolute commitment to comply with all relevant ethical, regulatory, and legal strictures and the associated learnings thereof.
Candidates should have a doctoral degree (M.D.) or foreign equivalent and 3 to 8 years of direct pharmaceutical drug development experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. If you love science, have excellent communication and presentation skills, we encourage you to apply! Our ideal candidate will also bring proven leadership expertise, through respect, example, knowledge and influence. Additional role requirements:
- Experience running complex clinical research programs.
- Experience designing and running multiple clinical trials including pivotal trials and trials in several global regions.
- Considered a team player, we look for someone with commitment to cross-functional working and yet are fully capable of independent working.
Meet your future team:
The Clinical Development team at Intellia is made up of one or more people in functions related to clinical research, including but not limited to biometrics, clinical operations, clinical pharmacology, medical science, medical writing, project leadership, project management, and regulatory affairs. We are here because we believe genome editing has incredible potential to treat and cure life-threatening and fatal diseases, and we believe the Intellia has the right people, strategy, and culture to do it well.
- The team is led by our CMO, a physician and medical oncologist with over 25 years’ experience in large pharma and biotech drug development. Other senior team members have 10 or years of similar experience, including many with prior direct experience in nucleic acid therapeutics and cell therapy. Your medical colleagues at Intellia are physician/scientists who share responsibility across the three development-stage programs as Project Leads and Medical Leads. Their responsibility will increase in the coming years as Intellia’s pipeline moves further into clinical development
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.