Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
- Optimization and process limit evaluation of clinical scale mRNA purification using appropriate principals of process optimization (i.e. DoE).
- Drive mRNA process scale up and development for later stage clinical manufacturing.
- Lead experiments to confirm robust process performance.
- Lock the process and define critical process parameters.
- Explore, develop, and scale-up novel enzymatic processes and nucleic acid purifications
- Develop MBRs and draft process reports.
- Provide high quality data and ELN documentation to drive decision making within CMC teams.
- Communicate research and development findings with internal teams and externally to CDMOs in tech transfer efforts.
- Operate and maintain multiple laboratory instruments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering or related field with 10+ years of industry experience, or MS with at least 7+ years of industry experience.
- Able to execute and develop MBRs for mRNA production.
- Experience in purification and process development for biomacromolecules (e.g. mRNA, DNA).
- Proficiency with relevant purification and analytical technologies and instrumentation.
- Experience in process scale up and technical transfer.
- Proficiency with Design of Experiment and process optimization tools
- Experience with mRNA purification and in vitro transcription at scale is highly desirable, and GMP experience is a plus.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks innovative solutions.
- Team work, versatility, and strong problem solving/analytical skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.