- Design and execute experiments related to process improvements and optimization of lead Lipid Nanoparticle formulations
- Lock the process and define critical process parameters.
- Lead experiments to confirm robust process performance
- Explore, develop, and scale-up novel drug product processes
- Characterization of final nanoparticle formulations in conjunction with Analytical Development
- Interact with internal and external groups to manufacture and supply formulations for in vivo studies
- Prepare technical reports and presentations as it relates to process optimization and scale-up
- Write and review protocols and batch records for drug product processes
- Develop intellectual property, publishing scientific papers and other tasks related to the company’s scientific and business interests
- BS in Life Sciences, Chemical or Biological Engineering with 10+ years of industry experience, or Masters with 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing particle-based drug delivery systems
- Demonstrated experience with process development and scale-up of complex drug products
- Preferably has prior experience with LNP formulations with nucleic acids
- Preferably has prior experience working with a frozen or lyophilized particle-based drug product.
- Demonstrates creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks to improve existing laboratory methods and processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.