- Optimization and process limit evaluation of clinical scale mRNA purification using appropriate principals of process optimization (i.e. DoE).
- Drive mRNA process scale up and development for later stage clinical manufacturing.
- Lead experiments to confirm robust process performance.
- Lock the process and define critical process parameters.
- Explore, develop, and scale-up novel enzymatic processes and nucleic acid purifications
- Develop MBRs and draft process reports.
- Provide high quality data and ELN documentation to drive decision making within CMC teams.
- Communicate research and development findings with internal teams and externally to CDMOs in tech transfer efforts.
- Operate and maintain multiple laboratory instruments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering or related field with 10+ years of industry experience, or MS with at least 7+ years of industry experience.
- Able to execute and develop MBRs for mRNA production.
- Experience in purification and process development for biomacromolecules (e.g. mRNA, DNA).
- Proficiency with relevant purification and analytical technologies and instrumentation.
- Experience in process scale up and technical transfer.
- Proficiency with Design of Experiment and process optimization tools
- Experience with mRNA purification and in vitro transcription at scale is highly desirable, and GMP experience is a plus.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks innovative solutions.
- Team work, versatility, and strong problem solving/analytical skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.