Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
Intellia is seeking a skilled and motivated Senior Research Associate to support AAV process development in the Technical Operations group. The ideal applicant will be experienced and capable in upstream or downstream processes for AAV production. Experience with bioreactor suspension culture and scalable downstream processes under GMP is a plus. Team work, versatility, and strong problem solving skills are required.
- AAV upstream or downstream process development for various unit operations including cell culture, transfection, harvest and clarification, affinity and ion-exchange chromatography, and tangential flow filtration.
- Develop and perform pre-clinical scale up production processes based on QbD.
- Perform analytical assays to support process development and production runs.
- Collaborative integration within Tech Ops and with R&D and Automation groups.
- Develop SOPs and assist in technology transfers to strategic partners and CMOs.
- Provide high quality data and ELN documentation to drive decision making in the CMC team.
- Operate and maintain multiple laboratory instruments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Virology, Chemical Engineering or related area with 2-4 years of hands on industrial experience, or master’s degree with 0-2 years of industry experience.
- Experience with suspension AAV production or purification is required.
- Proficiency with relevant cell culture and aseptic technique or filtration- or chromatography-based purification methods is required.
- Experience in virus production in bench-scale and pilot-scale bioreactors or under a GMP environment is a plus.
- Experience with analytical assays including ddPCR/qPCR, ELISA, HPLC, DLS or CE-SDS is a plus.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks innovative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.