Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
How You Will Achieve More At Intellia:
Intellia is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Research Associate Scientist/Associate Scientist for our Immuno-Oncology group. The primary responsibility for this position is developing and optimizing in vitro assays to evaluate T cell function for cancer therapy.
- Advance the optimization of hematologic and solid tumor models for evaluation of engineered T cell modalities
- Generate edited T cells to test in in vitro assays
- Execute bench work, analyze data, and implement and troubleshoot experiments, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues, to reach desired goals
- Maintain a timely and accurate electronic lab notebook.
- Communicate research and development findings and their relevance clearly and effectively with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and co-operatively in a team environment
- B.S. or M.S. in immunology, cell biology or related field with 2-5 years industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently and productively in a highly dynamic, scientifically rigorous, and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with human oncology models
- Experience isolating, culturing, and characterizing human immune cells in cell model systems - including profiling by multi-color flow cytometry and intracellular cytokine staining, and T cell functional assays including cytotoxic killing, proliferation, activation, and measuring cytokine secretion by MSD or ELISA
- Basic molecular biology skills required; advanced skills highly desired
- Working knowledge of immunology and oncology is highly preferred
- Experience with viral and non-viral delivery methods to T cells is a plus
- Working knowledge of CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing and gene editing experience is a plus
- Expertise in, or willingness to learn, animal work is a plus
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.