Last updated: February 2023
Collection and Use of Personal Information.
The following types of Personal Information may be collected from or about users of our Website:
a. Personal Information You Provide.
Contact Information: If you request information from us or otherwise contact us using a Website webform, you may provide Personal Information in connection with such request or contact, such as your name, phone number, email address, employment information, country of residence, and any messages you send us (“Contact Information”), which we collect so that we can receive, reply to, or otherwise fulfill your request.
b. Automatically Collected Information.
We may anonymize your Contact Information and/or Usage Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share your Contact Information and/or Usage Information with our third-party service providers, such as those who provide email and web hosting services, and those who assist us in operating the Website.
We may also disclose your Contact Information and/or Usage Information to any institution, government, court, agency or authority (including law enforcement agencies) to whom we are required to disclose it by law, or as necessary to protect our legal rights or the rights of others, or to prevent harm, or to any subsidiaries or other affiliates, or to our business partners, or to a buyer or other successor in the event that we are acquired, merge with another entity or sell portions of our assets, or in accordance with your instructions.
Minimization and Retention of Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we may consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
Your Choices and Rights
California residents and European residents should also review the additional information applicable to them in the sections that follow.
Additional Information for California Residents
a. Your Rights
i. Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection of your Personal Information. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your Personal Information.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our disclosures and sales of your Personal Information; however, Intellia does not sell Personal Information. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; and
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
ii. Right to Opt-Out
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information; however, Intellia does not sell Personal Information.
iii. Right to Delete
You have the right at any time to request that we delete your Personal Information.
iv. Right to Nondiscrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods.
b. How to Exercise Your Rights
To submit a request to Intellia to exercise any of your rights, please email us at [email protected] or mail a written request to our postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will evaluate the request and take action where required to do so.
Depending on the nature of your request, we may have to verify your identity when you contact us. We do this by attempting to match the identifying information that you provide to the Personal Information maintained by Intellia, if any.
We endeavor to respond to your request as soon as we can. If we are not able to respond to your request within 45 days, we will let you know that we may require additional time (up to 90 total days).
You may also use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you wish to use an authorized agent, we require that your authorized agent provides written proof to us that they are authorized to act on your behalf, and we may also require your authorized agent to verify their own identity.
Additional Information for European Residents
a. Lawful Bases for Processing Personal Information
Intellia is the controller of your Personal Information for purposes of European data protection legislation. We only use your Personal Information as permitted by law. The lawful bases that apply to our use of your Contact Information and Usage Information are as follows:
- Where we need to perform the contract that we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- With your consent.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
b. Transferring Personal Information from the EEA to the US
Intellia is located in the United States. Information we collect from you will be processed in the United States, and by using the Website you acknowledge and consent to the processing of your information in the United States. The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 41 of the GDPR. Intellia relies on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 44 of the GDPR. In particular, we collect and transfer to the U.S. Personal Information only: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of Intellia in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
c. Your Rights
As an EEA resident, you have certain rights regarding the protection of your Personal Information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your Personal Information that we hold:
- The right to opt-out. You have the right to request us to stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- The right of access. You have the right to request us to provide you access to your Personal Information.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that we update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information. You also have the right to request us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer a machine-readable copy of your Personal Information to you or a third party of your choice, under certain conditions.
To submit a request to Intellia to exercise any of your rights, please email us at [email protected] or mail a written request to our postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your Personal Information or response to your requests regarding your Personal Information, you may contact us as described below or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Intellia does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from children under the age of 16 then, unless we obtain parental consent to use or maintain that information, we will delete it.