Information you provide
Some areas of the Site may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or participate in a particular activity (such as joining our mailing list or applying for a job). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
Intellia may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), our subsidiaries or affiliates, and other third parties.
Passive information collection and use
As you navigate around our Website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information), using various technologies. Intellia and its third-party service providers may passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Most browsers automatically collect information, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Website through a mobile device.
- Refusing Cookies: Note that you can refuse to accept these cookies by following your browser’s instructions. If you do not accept them, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Website. You may also not receive information or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: Intellia may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear graphic interchange formats (GIFs) or other similar technologies in connection with some Website pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Website users and email recipients, and compile statistics about Website usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Website.
- Device Information: We also may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier.
How Intellia uses and discloses information
We primarily use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection.
We also use information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or email alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Website, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website and services, identifying Website usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Site by presenting information tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of our communication.
We may also disclose information collected through the Website:
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email and direct mail delivery services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Intellia does not use your personal information for marketing purposes. In addition, Intellia does not sell, or make your personal information available for sale to
Third-party sites and services
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Intellia” section below.
Choices and access
How you can access, change, or delete your personal information
Use of site by minors
The Website is not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Website.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where Intellia has facilities or service providers, and by using our Website or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Website or otherwise to us. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.